The PACOE Executives met over the telephone on March 28, 2018 to adopt a new travel policy. The document can be viewed here or downloaded by clicking this link:
PACOE Travel Policy
The following is travel policy as outlined by the Pennsylvania Association of County Office Employees (PACOE) Executive Committee and adopted on 03/28/2018. This guidance will remain in effect until otherwise replaced, amended or updated. Period review of this Travel Policy will be conducted.
For travel to be eligible for reimbursement from PACOE:
- Travel must be official on behalf of PACOE (such as a delegate that was voted and approved by the Executive Committee to attend a Rally or Convention). (Note: Expenses for guests of the delegate are not reimbursable.)
- PACOE will reimburse the travel expenses of up to two (2) delegates to the NEA Rally and National Conventions. Association members attending not in official capacity (not a delegate) are not eligible for reimbursement by PACOE for travel expenses.
- All eligible expenses must be submitted to the treasurer using the PACOE expense reimbursement form within 120 days of incurring the expense in order to be reimbursed.
- Expenses over $10 that could ordinarily be expected to have a receipt must be submitted with a copy of the receipt
- If the member is traveling as a delegate, the delegates report must be submitted to the President before the reimbursement can be issued
- All claims for reimbursement over $200 must be second party reviewed by an executive committee member before the treasurer can issue the check.
- Advances may be authorized on a case-by-case basis with prior request and only to cover airfare or other ticketing expenses. Any advance not applied towards authorized PACOE travel expenses must be reimbursed in full within 30 days of scheduled event.
- The PACOE Executive Committee is empowered to further restrict or exempt any policy here on a case-by-case basis if necessary to promote the welfare of the Associate.
- No dual reimbursement will be allowed. If NASCOE reimburses the individual directly for the expense, PACOE will not reimburse.
- All members should be in annual leave status when attending meetings unless otherwise authorized by the SED or State Administrative Officer.
Mileage round trip at 50% of the POV mileage rate rounded to the nearest whole penny per mile in effect on the date of travel. Mileage will be paid based on round trip mileage calculated from the home address to the destination using a reliable web mapping service (Google Maps, MapQuest, etc.) for the shortest route.
Airfare or train tickets will be reimbursed up to 100% of actual ticket expenses based on reasonable rates with the expectation that the traveler will seek to find the most cost effective means to transportation, including but not limited to driving to a larger airport. Round trip mileage between the residence and the airport will be reimbursed as described above. Non-refundable tickets when travel is canceled will be handled on a case-by-case basis by the executive committee.
Rooms will be reimbursed by PACOE at up to the GSA per diem lodging rates established for the location based on double occupancy (i.e. up to 50% of the rate per each person). If the member wants a room by themselves or with another guest (spouse, etc.), PACOE will pay the equivalent of half the room rate and the member will be responsible for the remaining charges. Nights of the rally, convention or other official commitment date are reimbursable. Nights before or after the event are not eligible for reimbursement unless necessary for reasonable travel accommodations.
Meals will be reimbursed up to 50% of the actual meal expenses (broken down by meal with receipts provided) based on the M&EI rates that are established, per meal, for the location. Meals that are provided as part of the event registration fee are not reimbursable. First and last day travel will be limited to the meals necessary for the appropriate travel time, not to exceed two meals (breakfast and lunch, or lunch and dinner). Alcoholic beverages, tips, etc. are not reimbursable.
Registration fees (for Rally, Convention, etc.) will be paid in full (100%) at the basic early bird registration rate. If the banquet is separate on the registration form and not included in the registration fee, it will also be eligible for reimbursement in full. Optional “extras” such as farm tours, t-shirts, and other event activities are not reimbursable.
Other eligible expenses that can be submitted and will be evaluated for fair reimbursement include but are not limited to:
- taxi or shuttle service to and from the airport
- parking at airport, hotel, or meeting location
- tolls paid on the travel route
- cost of one (1) piece of checked luggage
POV, Per Diem and Meal and Expenses rate are available at: https://www.gsa.gov/travel-resources