PACOE Benefits Chair Mary Jo Frazier shares the NASCOE Membership Benefits Report:
WDC, Pre-Negotiation Meeting
January 11, 2017
Five months into my position I have realized that at times this position can be non-eventful or you can create work for yourself, so I chose the latter. The wonderful thing is that we have awesome area chairs that are sharing in the workload.
Conference Call on October 27th 2016: Main objective of this meeting was to create a list of actions items.
Action Items created for 2016-2017:
- Work with publicity chair to make the NASCOE website easier to navigate when it comes to Benefits and discounts. This will be completed once we know how much information is created from updated discounted information below.
- Contact Dillard’s financial and follow up with Teresa bout a membership credit card that was discussed at National Conference. If a product is found Benefit chairs will elevate the findings to the NASCOE Executive Committee.
iii. Update list of gas station discounts
- Update list of AAA discounts
- Update list of cell phone discounts
- Find Costco and Sam’s Club membership discounts
vii. Gym discounts through current health insurance providers and Dental/Vision plan discounts for our members
viii. Update Quick Guide to Benefits
- Start a computer file with benefits documents created: Newsletters, reports, notes etc…this will allow us to hand something down to future chairpersons.
Some of the action items on the list above have been completed and I plan on submitting something formal to the executive board before our national convention for review. The ultimate goal is to hand this information out to membership at national convention in either booklet and/or pamphlet format and have it available in an email friendly format and possibly on our NASCOE website.
Suggestions and ideas are always welcome. Thank you.
Brenda F. Estrada
National Benefits Chair